Thursday, March 31, 2016

Worth Reading - March 31, 2016

The Republican presidential primaries have sucked up a lot of attention. I must admit that I haven't paid a lot of attention to the competition to the Democrats, largely because I bought into the narrative that Clinton was the inevitable nominee. There is growing evidence that that isn't the case. In this article there is a clip from Morning Joe discussing why the perspective is tilted that way and whether or not Bernie is now favoured to win

The Guardian lays out the difficult path for Sanders to win the Democratic nomination

I included this in my Tuesday post, but just in case you missed it, the Ontario Liberals are squeezing business and unions for donations for access

Here's a second story on the same topic, if this doesn't feel like corruption on some level, or a perversion of democratic politics than I don't know what is. 

Dale Smith wrote about the lost collegiality between politicians

The Toronto Star lays out some of the options for the Downtown Relief line

Columbus Ohio has opted to give out transit passes rather than build a new costly parking structure. 

Sometimes building a crosswalk isn't what pedestrians need


Susan Delacourt discusses the role of the party conventions as all three major federal parties are poised to hold critical gatherings. It isn't a nice picture, in my opinion. 

No comments: