Thursday, April 23, 2015

Worth Reading - April 23, 2015

Found this on Twitter this morning. Alex Robinson made a House of Cards-style video to note the current Alberta provincial election. It is a thing of pure beauty. Just like its Netflix inspiration it take famous symbols and locales in Edmonton with the same sinister music. It's the best thing I've seen on the internet in a long time. 



Despite what any party leaders say, including the Conservatives, the possibility of a coalition government or accord in 2015 onward is higher than it has been in some time. Chantal Hebert lays out the scenarios for an NDP-Liberal coalition

On a related note, Jamey Heath has some harsh words for Justin Trudeau's (LPC - Papineau, QC) flip-flop on coalitions

Justin Ling dug up old party websites. If you want to take a trip back to the hilarious, gaudy early internet click away

The Walrus features a piece by Jesse Brown discussing media criticism (or lack there of) in Canada. 

Meagan Wohlberg writes about the Northern Farm Training Institute and the efforts to encourage local agriculture in the Northwest Territories

Here's an interesting piece about living alone. I found the advice aligned fairly well with what I might offer based on my own experiences. I will note though that this article supposes a certain amount of financial freedom. The cat advice is something I've done and worried it makes me insane.

Canadian Election Atlas offers its first projection for the Alberta provincial election

I've heard many people on Twitter call this article a must read, and I am inclined to agree. Desmond Cole writes on his experience with carding and the police as a black man. It is a shocking read from my position and experience. 

With the federal budget being released this week there was tons of media coverage. I haven't had time to read all the pieces from my favourite sources, but here is Vice's take on the Conservative government last budget before the election


Brent Rathgeber (Ind. - Edmonton-St. Albert, AB) is one of my favourite sitting MPs. He did an interview on TVO last night about the current problems facing our parliamentary democracy. 


No comments: