Thursday, August 8, 2013

Worth Reading – August 8, 2013


A short list of links. My life pre-move remains chaotic. I anxiously await when things settle down again. 


Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario leader Tim Hudak (PCPO – Niagara West-Glanbrook) is facing a potential leadership challenge after the party’s weak by-election performance. 

As a follow-up to the above story, two MPPs in the PCcaucus have now endorsed the effort, Frank Klees (PCPO – Newmarket-Aurora) and Randy Hillier (PCPO - Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox & Addington). This may cause a deep schism in the Tories, but will likely come of nothing. Leadership is very difficult to topple.

The Globe and Mail suggested that it was the Ontario NewDemocrats that have the most bragging rights after the August 1st by-elections

Oh God, I hate to say this, I agree with Rob Ford, a by-election should be held to fill Doug Holyday’s seat

I haven’t read all of this yet, but I find it interesting so far. It is about male entitlement and misogyny in “Geek culture”. As a nerd I can relate to some of the experiences presented here and worry about the narrow view of some of its proponents. 

No comments: