Thursday, January 4, 2018

Worth Reading - January 4, 2018

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope that 2018 has gotten off to a promising start. It's a bit of a shorter list as I'm running low on time and I lost some of the links I put aside sadly. I hope you enjoy the six I put aside.

As I discussed in the Tuesday post there is some debate in Toronto over addressing homelessness in dangerous temperatures

Desmond Cole shared his thoughts on the recent homelessness shelter issue

The map for the Toronto election this fall has been set. 

Speaking of next year's election, Brampton Mayor Linda Jeffrey says her rivals have failed residents

The Toronto theatre industry has been rocked by a sexual harassment scandal. Albert Schultz has stepped down in the midst of accusations


I really enjoyed this episode of Canadaland with Adam Gopnik. I think his perspective on New York is really quite interesting, and likely reflects the case of many major cities. 

No comments: